Siren Radio is committed to protecting your privacy and security. We will not collect personally identifying information without your knowledge. We will invite you to supply personal information on occasion in order for us to provide you with services such as contact the studio, events, newsletters and competitions. In order to supply such services, we will need to process and store information. This information may include, amongst other things, your name, postal address (including post code), telephone number, email address, age, gender, preferences and interests, and password. By submitting your personal information, you consent to such processing and storing.
We collect personal information only for specific limited purposes and we only ask for information that is appropriate. We will only collect personal information from you which you have provided by completing any registration, enquiry, order or application form on our websites, or which you have sent to us via email, fax or post or which you have provided by telephone. We may use this information to improve our products or services and inform you of promotions we think you may find interesting. In addition we may invite you participate in our own market research surveys. We will not pass on your details to a third party without your express consent. If you email us with a general query, the information you provide to us will only be used to respond to your query. You will not be added to a database or mailing list.
Like many websites we also collect information on our users through “cookies” on websites. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are issued to your computer when you enter a website. “Cookies” are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive, and they can be used for a wide range of purposes, such as identifying your computer’s previous visits to the website, and to monitor the most popular features of the website. They also allow us to identify and automatically log in registered users of the website without the need to ask for passwords. You are not obliged to accept “cookies” and you may adjust your browser’s settings to prevent it from accepting them. If you disable the use of “cookies” certain areas on our site may not be available to you. You can find information and guides on how to enable and disable cookies through your web browser developer websites:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com
- Opera: https://help.opera.com
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/safari
Where you have registered to access certain parts of our website you will have chosen a password which enables you to access a restricted part of a website. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential and you should not share this with anyone. You are responsible for all use and communications with our websites which take place using your registration or password.
We may use the information we collect about you to notify you from time to time about important new features and changes to our website services or special offers, competitions or promotions we think you may appreciate and find of interest.
Aggregate statistics such as statistics about our website users, traffic patterns information and related site details may be made available to third party partners of Siren Radio. These statistics will not contain any information about you which could identify you.
We may disclose your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, security of our site, our users or others.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
By continuing to use Siren Radio’s services you are giving Siren Radio permission to collect data about you for the purposes of improving our services. As stated above we will not share this data with any third-party without your consent, however we may disclose your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, security of our site, our users or others.
Siren Radio is a part of the University of Lincoln and, as such, is covered under the organisational policies of the University of Lincoln. Our Management Team, as employees of the University of Lincoln, are required to have completed mandatory training including, but not limited to, data protection by 25th May 2018. For more information about the University of Lincoln you can visit the University website here.
If you have any questions relating to this policy please contact the Station Manager, Ryan Jones, at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
The Station Manager
University of Lincoln
Submitting Original Content to Siren Radio
Siren Radio welcomes creativity - it's at the heart of everything we do, however, if you wish to submit your own original content (for example: original music, poetry, short stories) to Siren Radio and/or one it the programmes featured on Siren Radio there are some terms & conditions to consider before doing so:
- The content must be original and not created by someone other than yourself
- The content must be suitable for potential broadcast on Siren Radio. For example, it must not contain offensive and/or strong language or it will be rejected for inclusion in programming on Siren Radio
- Have a parent/guardian's permission if you are under the age of 18
- You remain the copyright holder of the content you submit (so long as it is your own original work). If the content you submit to Siren Radio belongs to someone else they may be the copyright holder, so you must have their written permission before sharing it with Siren Radio.
- When you share content with Siren Radio (and you are the content's copyright holder) you are giving Siren Radio permission to use this content for inclusion in potential programming
- Siren Radio reserves the right to reject or not use content submitted
- Siren Radio reserves the right to refer any content which breaks any laws with the relevant authorities (eg. the police)
- Content that you cannot share with Siren Radio:
- Someone else's original content that you don't have the written permission of the copyright holder to share
- Is illegal
- Is defamatory to someone's reputation
- Contains offensive/inappropriate content
- Shares someones personal details (eg. contact details) without their permission
- Puts people at risk (eg. from harm, their rights, their copyright)
- Is intended to promote a product and/or business (your own or someone else's)
- Could interfere with legal investigations and/or proceedings
- When submitting content to Siren Radio via our website you agree to these terms and conditions
- When submitting content to Siren Radio via a third-party platform (eg. a social media platform) you agree to their respective terms and conditions
- Siren Radio does not offer payment for content submitted and in submitting content you agree that it will be done freely
- Siren Radio may contact you via the email address or social media message/comment you submitted the content to us by to confirm that it is your own original content
- Siren Radio reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice
UK residents can find out more about the rights granted to you under copyright on the UK Government website here
All Pronouns Allowed (25th February)
All Pronouns Allowed
Topical LGBTQIA+ discussion and community events taking place in Lincoln
The Afrobeats Show (25th February)
The Afrobeats Show
With Oluwatosin Soyemi.
The Turntable (25th February)
David and Ken with the jukebox from across the decades.
The French Touch (25th February)
The French Touch
The music of France presented by Alistair Read in both the english and french languages.